His Excellency Ambassador Sir William Patey, MA, KCMG
BIOGRAPHICAL SUMMARY: His Excellency Ambassador Sir William Patey, M.A., K.C.M.G.
His Excellency Ambassador Sir William Patey is a Governor and Distinguished Fellow of New Westminster College. He graduated from Trinity Academy (1965-1971) and earned a Master of Arts in History from the University of Dundee.
Ambassador Patey has a distinguished record of ethical leadership and is considered an expert in the specialty fields of International Relations, Government Relations, Diplomacy, Government and Foreign Policy. He served as Her Majesty’s British Ambassador to Sudan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan from 2002 to 2012 and has previous experience in Libya, Australia, UAE and Lebanon. His professional experience includes:
- Non Executive Director at HSBC Bank Middle East: July 2012 – Present
- Government and International Relations Adviser at Control Risks: July 2012 – Present
- Director at WCP Consultants Ltd: May 2012 – Present
- Ambassador at British Embassy Kabul: May 2010 – April 2012
- Ambassador at British Embassy Saudi Arabia: April 2007 – April 2010
- HM Ambassador at British Embassy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: 2007 – 2010
- Ambassador at Foreign and Commonwealth Office: 1975 – 2010
- Student at National School of Government: 2007 – 2007
- Ambassador at British Embassy Iraq; June 2005 – August 2006
- Ambassador at British Embassy Sudan; April 2002 – April 2005
- Head Middle East Department at Foreign and Commonwealth Office: 1998 – 2002
Ambassador Patey’s honours and awards include: KCMG, Who’s Who in the UK, and Chevalier D’honneur Chaine des Rotisseres. His interests include: Theatre, Cinema, Golf, Tennis, Scuba Diving and Skiing.
As a Governor and Distinguished Fellow of New Westminster College, Ambassador Sir William Patey is dedicated to supporting the highest standards of academic excellence and is committed to the advancement of New Westminster College and its Global Network of Fellows.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.