Professor Robert Goodwin, BBA, MPA, PhD (HC), DLitt, OP, PC, MSM, DSM
BIOGRAPHICAL SUMMARY: Professor Robert Goodwin, BBA, MPA, PhD (HC), DLitt, OP, PC, MSM, DSM
Professor Goodwin is the Founder and President of New Westminster College and concurrently serves as Chairman of the Board of Governors. He is also a member of the Council of Senior Advisors of the International Association of University Presidents in New York, and has met and negotiated with numerous foreign heads-of-state, cabinet-level ministers, ambassadors, royalty, and senior-level government and business leaders. By official invitation, he has participated in numerous Minister and Ambassador Roundtable Meetings with leaders of the federal government and Parliament of Canada and other countries.
Professor Goodwin is an Executive Member of the President’s Council on Foreign Relations appointed by the President of the Republic of Macedonia. He previously served on the International Board of the International Centre for Democratic Transition in Budapest, Hungary, and continues to serve on the International Advisory Boards of both the Research Centre for Studies on Intelligence, Strategic Science and Security in Rome, Italy, and the Research Institute for European and American Studies in Athens, Greece.
Professor Goodwin previously served as a special advisor to the Governor of Missouri, Governor of Alabama, and both the Governor and Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina. He also had a distinguished military career as a volunteer serving as a state-commissioned General Officer in the State Guard and State Defence Forces. He is dedicated to supporting ethical leadership, best business practices and the highest standards of academic excellence and research.
Professor Goodwin’s professional experience includes:
- 2015 to present: Member of the Council of Senior Advisors, International Association of University Presidents, New York, USA
- 2013 to present: Executive Member, Council on Foreign Relations, Cabinet of the President, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
- 2012 to present: Executive Member, International Advisory Board, Research Centre for Studies on Intelligence, Strategic Science and Security, Rome, Italy
- 2012 to present: Member, International Advisory Board, Research Institute for European and American Studies, Athens, Greece
- 2012 to present: Registered Educator, Harvard Business Publishing for Educators, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 2011 to present: Chairman of the Board of Governors and President of New Westminster College, Vancouver, British Columbia
- 2010 to present: Professor of Business Administration, Caucasus University, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia
- 2014 to 2016: International Board Member, International Centre for Democratic Transition, Budapest, Hungary
- 2011-2012: President of the Board of Directors, Fleetwood-Port Kells Electoral District Association, Surrey, British Columbia
- 2008-2011: President and CEO, Global Asset Development Ltd., Vancouver, British Clumbia
- 2009-2010: Member of the Executive Board, Black Sea Council, Navy League of the United States, Constanta, Romania
- 2003-2006: Chairman, Lieutenant Governor’s Advisory Committee, Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2003-2006: Senior Advisor to the Lieutenant Governor, Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2004-2004: Special Advisor to the Governor, Office of the Governor, Jefferson City, Missouri
- 2002-2003: Chairman of the Board of Directors, Governor’s Palmetto Greatest Generation Project Council, Office of the Governor, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2002-2003: Ambassador to the Governor, Office of the Governor, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2001-2002: Governor’s Special Military and Economic Advisor, Office of the Governor, Montgomery, Alabama
- 1996-2001: Deputy Adjutant General for Support Operations, Joint Services Detachment, Office of the Adjutant General, South Carolina Military Department, Columbia, South Carolina
Professor Goodwin received a Professorial Appointment as a full Professor of Business Administration and was awarded the Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Business Administration Honoris Causa from Caucasus University in 2010. And in 2015, he received the Doctor of Letters (Litterarum Doctor Honoris Causa) from the Bank of Georgia University.
Professor Goodwin earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from National University in 1982 and a Master of Public Administration degree in Administrative Organization and Management from Golden Gate University in 1984. He completed the Advanced Management Studies Program (AMSP) in 1987 at the Yale School of Management at Yale University, and in 1992, he completed the Executive Management Program (HR) at the Harvard Business School at Harvard University. He also completed executive education programs at Vanderbilt University, University of California at Los Angeles and University of Texas at Austin.
Professor Goodwin’s professional military education and training includes:
- 2010: Building Defense Institutions Course, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2010: National Security and Defense Strategy Course, Inter-American Defence College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- 2010: European Security and Defense Policy Course, NATO School, Oberammergau, Germany
- 2001: U.S. Army General Officer Senior Commander Course, Army Management Staff College, Fort Belvoir, Virginia – Previously named: U.S. Army General Officer Installation Commander Course
- 1998: National Security Seminar, Group 10, Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pennsylvania
- 1998: Reserve Components National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- 1997: Leadership for the 21st Century Course, Information Resources Management College, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
- 1997: Commanding United Nations Peace-keeping Operations Course, United Nations Institute for Training and Research, Geneva, Switzerland
- 1992: Marine Corps Command and Staff College – Nonresident Program Course No. 7700, Marine Corps Institute
- 1992: Marine Corps Amphibious School – Nonresident Program Course No. 7600, Marine Corps Institute
Professor Goodwin’s honours, awards and decorations include:
- 2015: Doctor of Letters (Litterarum Doctor Honoris Causa)
- 2013: The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- 2012: Fellow, Royal Society of Arts
- 2010: Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Business Administration (Honoris Causa)
- 2009: The President’s Volunteer Service Award (Gold)
- 2004: The Conspicuous Service Medal
- 2002: The Freedom of the City of London
- 2002:The Distinguished Service Medal
- 2002: The Exceptional Service Medal
- 2001: The Order of the Palmetto
- 2000: The Palmetto Cross
- 1999 and 1997: The Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
As Chairman of the Board of Governors and President of New Westminster College, Professor Robert Goodwin is dedicated to supporting the highest standards of academic excellence and is committed to the advancement of New Westminster College and its Global Network of Fellows.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.