Dr. U. E. Dagmar Teubner, B.Sc., J.D., CAA, TEP
BIOGRAPHICAL SUMMARY: Dr. U. E. Dagmar Teubner, B.Sc., J.D., CAA, TEP
Dr. U. E. Dagmar Teubner is a lawyer, chartered accountant, and Governor and Senior Fellow of New Westminster College. She earned a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Biochemistry with a Minor in Fine Arts from the University of Toronto, and a Doctor of Law from the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Dr. Teubner completed the Ontario Bar Admission Course in 1981, qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1983, completed the CICA In-Depth Tax Course in 1984 and the CICA Corporate Reorganizations Course in 1985, and has been a member since 2002 of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, United Kingdom and Canada. She is also a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada. Dr. Teubner is fluently bilingual in English and German, and has limited language proficiency in French, Spanish and Arabic.
Dr. Teubner has a distinguished record of ethical leadership and has been an independent consultant since 1988 specializing primarily in real estate development. She has a very well-respected track record with the Canada Revenue Agency, Ministry of Environment, Toronto Conservation Authority and other government agencies and is regarded as a professional team builder and leader with the ability to solve complex business and environmental challenges.
Dr. Teubner has expertise in every aspect of real estate development including rezoning, installation of above ground and below ground infrastructure, remediation of contaminated sites, draft plan approvals for residential and industrial subdivisions, and construction of buildings (residential, industrial and office). She is also well-versed with property management operations of a mixed portfolio of real estate properties including a number of agricultural properties.
Dr. Teubner’s teaching and lecturing experience includes teaching at York University mainly in the area of Canadian Taxation and advanced topics in taxation. She has authored and co-authored numerous publications on domestic and international tax law as well having been a speaker on regular lecture tours throughout Canada and internationally. Her general tax publications include:
- Contributing Editor to the CCH loose-leaf service Hospitality Industry
- Contributed articles to Horse Sport, a publication for equestrians
- Contributed articles to Oral Health, a Southam Publication for Dentists
- Contributed articles to Tax Profile, a monthly indexed tax newsletter published by CCH Canadian Limited
- Co-Author, article for Ontario Lawyers Weekly on Partnership Breakups
- Authored the chapter Tax Treatment of Computers for the Practice Manual for the Ontario Dental Association
- Retained by Laventhol & Horwath to update a book entitled 1989/1990 Tax Planning Guide published by CCH Canadian Limited
- Prepared materials for and taught in-house courses at Laventhol & Horwath and Clarkson, Gordon for all levels of staff for the period from 1981 to 1989
Dr. Teubner’s memberships include:
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Senior Fellow, New Westminster College
- Member, Equine Canada
- Member, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
- Member, Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners
Dr. Teubner’s present and former board memberships as a chair and director in several private companies all involved with real estate development, including:
- Member, Ontario Financing Authority Board June 2007 to June 2010; Member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee from June 2008 to June 2010
- Chair and Member, Board of Directors, Rosalie Hall since 2005
- Chair, Board of Directors of the Toronto Branch of St. John Ambulance, since 2009
- Former Director, Ontario Equestrian Federation and the Canadian Sport Horse Association
- Director, Caledon Dressage Association, 2009 and 2010 – raised all of the sponsorship funding for one of two pre-qualifying dressage trials in Ontario for the 2011 Canadian Pan-Am Dressage Team
- Director and co-founder, Ontario Weimaraner Rescue and Assistance Charity
As a Governor and Senior Fellow of New Westminster College, Dr. U. E. Dagmar Teubner is dedicated to supporting the highest standards of academic excellence and is committed to the advancement of New Westminster College and its Global Network of Fellows.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.