Professor Dr. Christian Rolfo Cervetto, MD, PhD, DE, MBHA
BIOGRAPHICAL SUMMARY: Professor Dr. Christian Rolfo Cervetto, MD, PhD, DE, MBHA
Professor Dr. Christian Rolfo Cervetto is a Professor of Oncology, Medical Oncologist, and a Senior Fellow of New Westminster College. He earned a MD in Medicine in 1996 from the National University of Córdoba in Argentina, a Dottore in Medicina e Chirurgia in Medicine in 2003 from the University of Catania in Italy, a PhD and Doctor Europaeus in Clinical Oncology in 2009 from the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Palermo in Italy, and a Master in Business Health Administration in Management and Organization in Hospitals and Health Services from the Center for Research in Economics and Health Management at the Politecnic University of Valencia in Spain.
Dr. Cervetto was certified in 2003 as a Specialist in Medical Oncology by the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Milan and Italian Board Certification in Medical Oncology. He also received Spanish Board Certification in Medical Oncology 2007 by the Ministry of Education. In 2009, he was certified as a University Expert in Management of Diseases by the Center for Research in Economics and Health Management at the Politecnic University of Valencia in Spain. Dr. Cervetto has language proficiency in Spanish, Italian, English, Portugese, Catalan and Dutch.
Dr. Cervetto has a distinguished record of ethical leadership and has serves as Senior Staff Member in Oncology at the University Hospital Antwerp - Edegem, in Antwerp, Belgium. He previously served from March 2004 to September 2012 as the Medical Oncologist at the Oncology Unit at the Clínica Rotger in Milan, Italy, and also previously served as Medical Oncologist at the Oncology Unit at the National Institute of Cancer in Milan, Italy.
Dr. Cervetto concurrently serves as Visiting Professor in Oncology and External Expert in PhD Degrees in Clinical Oncology Research at the Medicine and Surgery School, University of Palermo in Italy. He is also Professor of Oncology in the Master in Medical Sciences and Health Program at the Institut Universitari en Ciències de la Salut, University of Balearic Islands in Spain.
Dr. Cervetto has received the following awards:
- 1999: Fellowship in Oncology Studies – Breast Cancer, National Cancer Institute in Milan, Italy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy
- 2000 to 2003: Fellowship in Medical Oncology, National Cancer Institute in Milan, Italy
- 2010: Jean Dausset Award for Best Doctoral Thesis, Royal Academy of Medicine of the Balearic Islands, Spain
Dr. Cervetto’s memberships in professional societies include:
- Member, Spanish Group for Lung Cancer
- Member, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Member, European Society of Medical Oncology
- Member, International Mesothelioma Interest Group
- Member, International Thymic Malignancy Interest Group
- Member, European Thoracic Oncology Platform
Dr. Cervetto’s scientific publications include:
- Rare Tumors, P. Casali, R. Bertulli, C. Rolfo, Tekna Review: Update on Oncology and Hematology, Vol 6-N ° 1-2001, 41-47
- Trastuzumab and paclitaxel in relapsed in Breast carcinoma: a case report. G. Bianchi, C. Rolfo, L. Gianni. New Trends in Oncology - Ano 1 No. 2, 12-13, June 2003
- Patients’ perception of cancer-related fatigue: results of a survey to assess the impact on their everyday life. Díaz1 Nieves, Salvador Menjón2, Christian Rolfo 3, Pilar García-Alonso4, Joan Carulla5, Ana Magro6 Jose Miramón7, Cesar A. Rodríguez8, Rous of Castellar9 and Jose A. Gasquet10. Clinical and Translational Oncology (2008) 10:753-757
- Screening for Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutations in Lung Cancer Rafael Rosell, MD, Teresa Moran, MD, Cristina Queralt, BS, Rut Porta, MD, Felipe Cardenal, MD, Carlos Camps, MD, Margarita Majem, MD, Guillermo Lopez-Vivanco, MD, Dolores Isla, MD, Mariano Provencio , MD, Amelia Insa, MD, Bartomeu Massuti, MD, Jose Luis Gonzalez-Larriba, MD, Luis Paz-Ares, MD, Isabel Bover, MD, Rosario Garcia-Campelo, MD, Miguel Angel Moreno, MD, Silvia Catot, MD Christian Rolfo, MD, Noemi Reguart, MD, Ramon Palmero, MD, José Miguel Sánchez, MD, Roman Bastus, MD, Clara Mayo, Ph.D., Jordi Bertran-Alamillo, BS, Miguel Angel Molina, Ph.D. , Jose Javier Sanchez, MD, Miquel Taron, Ph.D., for the Spanish Lung Cancer Group. New England Journal of Medicine, NEJM Volume 361: Number 10, September 3, 2009
- Fifth Educational Symposium of the Spanish Lung Cancer Group: Report on the Molecular Biology Workshop, Isabel Bover1, Christian Rolfo2, Eloisa Jantus3, Rafael Sirera4, Carlos Camps3,5, Imane Chaib6, Jose L. Ramirez-Serrano6, Susana Benlloch7, Miguel Angel Molina-Vila7, Sara Simonetti7, Carlota Costa7, Ana Gimenez-Capitan7, Pedro Mendez6, Miguel Taron6,7, Rafael Rosell6,7, on behalf of the Spanish Lung Cancer Group. Lung Cancer. 2011 Dec;74(3):535-43. Epub 2011 May 25.
- The EURTAC study of erlotinib versus chemotherapy in European EGFR-mutant non-small-cell lung cancer patients. Rafael Rosell; Enric Carcereny; Radj Gervais; Alain Vergnenegre; Bartomeu Massuti;Enriqueta Felip; Ramon Palmero; Ramon Garcia-Gomez; Cinta Pallares; Jose Miguel Sanchez; RutPorta; Manuel Cobo; Pilar Garrido; Flavia Longo; Teresa Moran; Amelia Insa; Filippo De Marinis;Romain Corre; Isabel Bover; Alfonso Illiano; Eric Dansin; Javier de Castro; Michele Milella; Noemi Reguart; Giuseppe Altavilla; Ulpiano Jimenez; Mariano Provencio; Miguel Angel Moreno; JosefaTerrassa; Jose Muñoz-Langa; Javier Valdivia; Dolores Isla; Manuel Domine; Olivier Molinier; JulienMazieres; Nathalie Baize; Rosario Garcia Campelo; Gilles Robinet; Delvys Rodriguez; Guillermo Lopez-Vivanco; Vittorio Gebbia; Lioba Ferrera Delgado; Pierre Bombaron; Reyes Bernabe; Alessandra Bearz;Angel Artal; Enrico Cortesi; Christian Rolfo; Maria Sanchez Ronco; Ana Drozdowskyj; Cristina Queralt;Itziar de Aguirre; Jose Luis Ramirez; Jose Javier Sanchez; Miguel Angel Molina; Miquel Taron; Luis Paz-Ares. Lancet Oncol. 2012 Mar;13(3):239-46. Epub 2012 Jan 26.
- How Much of Familial Breast Cancer Risk is Currently Explained by the Known Genes? Di Gaudio F, La Paglia L, Calò V, Bruno L, Di Piazza F, Margarese N, Gulotta E, Cicero G, Bronte G, Rizzo S, Franchina T, Rolfo Cervetto C, Cucinella G, Bazan V, Russo A. Current Women’s Health Reviews, 2012, 8, issue 1, pp.38-43.
- What Are the Cancer Risks in BRCA Carriers Apart from Those Regarding the Breast and the Ovary? Gaudio F, Calò V, La Paglia L, Bruno L, Di Piazza F, Margarese N, Guadagna FP, Guarneri G, Cicero G, Ricciardi GR, Rolfo Cervetto C, Cucinella G, Pantuso G, Bazan V, Russo A. Current Women’s Health Reviews, 2012, 8, issue 1, pp.65-71
- MicroRNAs in colorectal cancer stem cells: new regulators of cancer stemness? S Caruso, V Bazan, C Rolfo, L Insalaco, D Fanale, G Bronte, LR Corsini, S Rizzo, G Cicero , A Russo. Oncogenesis – Nature Group(2012) In press doi:10.1038/oncsis.2012.33
- Molecular Target Therapy for Bone Metastasis. The New Era of RANK Inhibitors. Christian Rolfo Cervetto, Luis E. Raez; Antonio Russo; Noemí Reguart, Rosario García Campelo, Franco Silvestris. Critical Review in Oncology /Hematology, 2012, on review for press.
- New Therapeutic strategies in patient with Non Small Cell Lung Cancer, EGFR mutation positive, resistant to treatment with TKI. Rolfo C, Buffoni L, Raez L, Russo A. In press.
Dr. Cervetto’s other publications include:
- Hospital Hygiene Rules, Puddings P. – L. Gasparotti Rolfo C. Journal of Hospital Córdoba, Department of Education 1997. Vol # 1.
- Clinical experience with oral vinorelbine in Breast cancer Serveis Trivium polmone Editoriale Publicitaris NSCLC, SLU Barcellona, November 2008
- Balearic Consensus Conference in Breast Cancer Therapies: algorithms 2008, Editorial of the Illas Baleares Government – Ministry of Health and Consumption. Spain.
- Book of Palliative Care in Cancer Patient: Chapter XIII – “palliative chemotherapy,” Dr. Rolfo.Valencia. September 2009
- Balearic Consensus Conference in Breast Cancer Therapies: 2011. Editorial of the Illas Baleares Government – Ministry of Health and Consumption. Spain
- Local and biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer after radiotherapy. What to do and how? Ivan Henriquez, Christian Rolfo et al. Book: Controversies in Prostate Cancer 2, Editor Dr. M. Roach, UCLA.
- Diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic value of gene signatures in non-small-cell lung cancer Rafael Rosell1,2, Miquel Taron1,2, Christian Diego Rolfo3, Delvys Rodriguez4, Jia Wei5 Springer Book: Gene Signature in Cancer (in press – Springer Editorial – New York -USA).
As a Senior Fellow of New Westminster College, Professor Dr. Christian Rolfo Cervetto is dedicated to supporting the highest standards of academic excellence and is committed to the advancement of New Westminster College and its Global Network of Fellows.